2/05/11

Totally Hues: Challenge #1

**Yes this is my 3rd post.  OMG! I know, right?!  I couldn't NOT play along with this challenge!  And there are no kids in the house at the moment!  Quiet = Fantastic crafty time!  hehe!**  :)

When one of my FAVORITE bloggers, Heather P., told us yesterday that she was going to do color challenges....I was happy! VERY! So excited that I went right to the table and went to work with her colors! Here are her first challenge colors...


And here is my card....

IMG_0095_edited-1

These bright colors totally make me think "Heather".  She has the most amazing eye for color!  They also make me think of my friend Jen!  She loves these bright colors too! 

I made the background again with my Copic Airbrush!  Luckily I had the marker to match Hawaiian Shores perfectly!!  Love it! 

IMG_0096_edited-1

So be sure to stop by Heather's blog to see her fantastic challenge and to play along!  Hope you are having a great day!!


Supplies all PTI unless noted...

Stamps: Little Bitty Bird, Tin Types Background, Up Up and Away
Paper: Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, White SS
Ink: Versamagic Jumbo Java, True black
Misc: Hibiscus Burst Saddle Stitch, Woodgrain IP, Silver Pearls, SU Top note die, Copics

32 comments:

  1. Oh those colors just pop. This card is just perfect, Laurie! I think I WILL play along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...happy colors...makes me happy to think spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute I can barely stand it! This one screams spring to me...& after this week's blizzard, I can use all the spring I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! That airbrushed background is great! I hope to play along too. They are some of my favorite colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, how fun and cute is this card?! So jealous that you have a Copic Airbrush machine... This card is so cute, Laurie. I think we're both equally happy that our sweet Heather has started challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and happy card! I am loving these colors and can't wait to play along. This is a fabulous design, so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card just makes me think of summer - so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Laurie! Love the bright colors and the airbrushed sky. It's such a happy card!

    I have to say, your blog has not only beautiful cards, but some of the best photography I've seen. I would love to see a post where you provide tips on taking better pics. I so struggle with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great day of posting you've had! Such wonderful creations - and I love that tree on the top of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colors, fabulously CUTE card! LOVE this Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You used those colors perfectly. I can't wait to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How totally CUTE this card is! This color challenge looks inviting using spring-like colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie, it is adorable. I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurie, you're on fire! I love, love, love this sweet card. Way to go with the copic airbrushing. Nicely done and so ethereal. And I gotta say you tied that bow like a champion. Seriously, it is flawless! Brilliant card all round.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep making all your cards fun and full of color and life and it will melt the snow all over the states :) And are you trying to see if we are paying attention ..... you keep changing your watermark ...... and you thought I just looked and typed ...... NOPE I check it all out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you worked your magic again Laurie! When we talked yesterday about these colors, I thot...hmmm Wonder what beauty she'll come up with! Love this and that sky backdrop for your photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You could post twenty times a day and I wouldn't mind! Love every chance when the kiddos are away! This is just spectacular! You just have such a nack for making wonderful cards Laurie. Truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute & springy! I must admit, I wasn't crazy about this set but it's growing on me. Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card has me thinking spring, baby!!! So darn cute! Great take on the colors, as always girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Spring, where are you? This card really makes me want it to come even more, lol! Super cute way to use the colors! Love the bird, she fits perfectly into the "frame" of the cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word, this is ADORABLE! So glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being a top pick! You totally deserve it, your card rocks!! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  23. First time eeing this card, it is fantastic. Too tweet.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS