4/06/15

Make it Monday: Ombre Stamping

This is my second post for today.  Scroll down to see my post for the PTI Moments Inked Newsletter.

Welcome to a new Make it Monday for Papertrey Ink.  I have a new video showing how I made this card...

IMG_0860_edited-1

I used the PTI set called Life is Beautiful for this card.  I adore these butterfly stamps and dies.  They are really a must have for your stash!  I used lots of fun colors in this card and I outline everything in my video that I have linked below.

IMG_0861_edited-1

Here is the video and I hope you enjoy it! 



ETA: The sticky mat in the video is an Eclipse Mat (I think) that was given to me by my friend Cheryl.  You can also use Cricut or Cameo mats as well.  Thanks!

Please stop over to Nichole's blog to link up your own Ombre creation.  Let me know if you have any questions!  Thanks so much for stopping in today!


Supply List...

Stamps: Life is Beautiful
Ombre Ink Mixes: Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush
                                Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist
                                Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart
Paper: Stampers Select White
Misc: Life is Beautiful dies, Raindrops

12 comments:

  1. Love your ombre idea! I also have a MISTI. That sticky mat was such a great idea. What did your friend Cheryl use to make it? Thanks! I'm a big fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card turned out so pretty. I love the butterflies. Thanks for sharing how you did it. I got those makeup wedges at the $ tree for a dollar and they are latex free and have lasted for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card too - same ? as Louise above - what is the sticky mat from your friend?? i googled sticky mat but all i could find was something that is used on the floor to get stuff off your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Laurie, for suggesting the makeup sponges for this technique since I feel like I will have more control of where the ink goes. For those of you who asked, the sticky mat is just an Sizzix eclips cutting mat cut down to fit the MISTI. The eclips cutting mat is considered preferable to some of the other digital cutters' mats because straight out of the package the stick isn't as sticky. So it is sticky enough to hold the die it but releases it fairly easily. However if you already own a digital cutter of some kind, one of your old mats should work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely butterflies but I LOVE the sticky mat idea! I just happen to have an extra one I can use -- fabulous hint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A splendid video Laurie, love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the softness of the hombre colors!!! Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the butterflies you've created Laurie are amazing! LOVE the ombre look you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never thought of inking up my stamps using my sponges before -- brilliant!
    Fabulous card and technique, Laurie! I played along and will be sharing my cards tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous cards and I enjoyed your video so much, Laurie! May I ask...where can we find the 'sticky' sheet that your friend gave you for the MISTI? It looks like it would be very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS