5/14/15

Handmade Gifts for Guys

Today's group post for the May PTI Release is a fun one!  It's all about the guys.  First, you will see the card I made and down below, you will see how I cased an older more feminine project and turned that into this card...

IMG_1199

For this card, I used the new paper from the paper pack called Three Piece Suit.  Its a great mix of masculine colors and patterns.   Here is the card I changed from a little more feminine to this masculine "dad's" card.

IMG_0024

It was really easy to change up this card.  Taking those softer colors and making them more masculine.  I took the scribbles die in black and laid that between the card base and this fun stamp and die from the new set called Craft Brew.  I added in a Keep it Simple: Father sentiment to top it off. 

IMG_1200

I turned the coaster into a little gift using a glassine bag and the Wine Bottle Tag.  The coaster fit perfctly into the glassine bag.  I attached the Wine Bottle Tag to the front of the bag after decorating it just a little to match the card.

IMG_1197

They have some coordinating black scribble going on behind the fun sentiment....

IMG_1207

Here is a close up of the coaster I made.  If you check out the background paper I used on my card, you can see the theme here in the coaster.  I used the same colors in the paper, in the floss that I used.  

IMG_1203

I took a square coaster and slide it down inside this felt coaster to make it a little more sturdy.  These are super easy to stitch up and make for such a fun "guy" gift!

IMG_1205

I can't wait to see all the rest of the handmade gifts for guys.  Here are the links for the rest of the team....


Come back tomorrow for a full Release in Review!  Thank you so much for stopping in!



9 comments:

  1. Love the card. The coaster is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. The coaster is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ensemble, Laurie! Love the colors. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked this masculine theme Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHmazing projects Laurie. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Love these masculine papers too! Nice coaster too! A sweet gift ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurie,

    GREAT WORK!!!!!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS