5/21/15

Pin-Sights Challenge

Hey there, crafty friends!  I am so excited to be joining in on this month's Pin-Sight Challenge.  I am stopping in a few hours late...I just got home from last day of school activities, along with 5th grade promotion.  That's right.  Next year I am going to have a middle schooler.  I have shed a few tears today.  Anyway, I am home now and just realized my post didn't go live this morning.  Agh!!

So let's get started!  Here is the gorgeous inspiration photo....

unnamed-2

unnamed

From that, I made this....

IMG_1127

I got a little techniquey for once!  I actually did a little watercoloring....

Untitled

I used the Bold Blossom Stand Alone dies, and then cut out the dies from the watercolored areas....

Untitled

And that gave these blooms such a fun look.  I added in a sentiment from Fancy Thanks, after scoring random score lines on the white card base.  To finish it off, I added in some sequins....

IMG_1128

The Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog. A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.


unnamed-3

Stop over to the Ellen Hutson blog to see all the details for playing along with this amazing challenge.  You can link up your creation over there!

Thank you so much for stoping in today!  Hope you have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Feminine and pretty Laurie, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, this is so lovely and soft and romantic!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so simply stunning, and feminine, Laurie ... look at you water-coloring!!! Oh... I just found Julie's jaw on the floor... can you tell me where to return it? =]
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you created your gorgeous card Laurie - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love everything about it! The colors, the simplicity, the beautiful execution. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stunning roses, Laurie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Laurie! I love these dies, I really...really...need them. LOL I've only done this technique once and it was for a spider web. Never thought of doing it for flowers! I know everyone thinks CAS is easy, but it's very thought provoking, in my opinion. Love everything you do, Laurie. Thanks, Paulette S.
    http://paulettesprettypapercrafts dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply divine, I feel very inspired to create something similar using the PTI Circle Scribbles (oops, is that okay to say that?). Thank you for the most beautiful inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS