5/12/15

Summertime Inspiration

Welcome to our first May Group Project for this month's Papertrey Ink Release.  Have you loved what you've been seeing so far?  So many fun things this month...like every month!  

Today's challenge was to create 2 cards using a summertime color combo.  My colors are:

Berry Sorbet
Aqua Mist
Lemon Tart
Simply Chartreuse

I love these colors and I think they have summer written all over them.  As usual, I have 2 clean and simple cards to share.  This first one uses the new set called Quilted: Summer. 

IMG_1175

I stamped the quilted triangles in 2 rows.  I layered a sentiment from the same set on top.  Last, I added in 2 score lines above and below just for some more detail.  And then there is all that white space.  I do love white space but you may know that already!  :)

IMG_1176

This next card showcases the new set called Second Helping of Sunshine and Plaid Builder.

IMG_1179

I used the same colors from above and created a little plaid bottom on this card.  I added in a strip of Gold Adhesive paper to give a little divide.  Then I stamped the sentiment about that.  I die cut the bowl of cherries....LOVE...and added that in with some foam tape.  

IMG_1180

I hope you have enjoyed my Summertime Inspiration.  The rest of the girls have more to share so here is a list of blogs to check....


Stop back by tomorrow for another group project!  Thanks for coming by today!

15 comments:

  1. Stamping perfection Laurie, these are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great way to use the triangles, on an angle, makes for something different, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute little cherries card with your darling plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just spectacular, Laurie... how could I, of all people, resist a set called "Second Helpings..." so, so sweet... that bowl is so retro-perfect!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Laurie!! TFS girl :D
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both wonderful! Love! Love! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be an awesome release. You ladies rock. I love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Especially love the stamped quilt triangles and scoring on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Laurie. I especially love your first quilted-look card - awesome stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laurie,

    Sweet and Dainty!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colour perfection Laurie - so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS